Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hi There!


My first spoken word was "Ghost".  Or so I am told.
  
I am not kidding.


As the story goes, when I was a very young child I was with my Parents and my Brother when they visited the West Philadelphia home of my Father's Aunt just after her death.  I suppose they were cleaning it but I don't really know for sure why we were there.  My parents were going from room to room, me with them of course, when they came upon a room that I absolutely did not want to enter.  Since I was not yet talking I told them this by crying and screaming.  They would leave this room and I would calm down.  They would return to said room and I would start my tantrum again.  Very strange but not as strange as what happened next.  On one of our returns to the room, amongst my crying, I pointed and said "Ghost".  What did I see?  I don't know.  I really don't remember much of this.  I remember being there.  I remember a room.  I remember a child's rocking chair.  That's it.  I do know it was not the room she died in.  She died many miles away in Washington  DC.  I was told by a Cousin that it may have been the room my Grandfather died in but this is not certain.  Unfortunately except for my Brother and of course me all involved have since passed away.

That's it.  At least that is what I was told.  Some of the circumstance of our visit may be different but I know for sure I did not want to be in that room.  I don't even know what room it was.  I may never know.

Thank You for taking the time to listen to me and please check back.  I have a few more to share.  Of course I would love to hear from you in the comments section.  Maybe you have an experience you would like to share.



2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog. I remember this time so well. You were really frightened. I'm looking forward to more of your stories. I know you have a few more to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. Yes I did have some frightening experiences as a child and will share them here.

    ReplyDelete